Saturday, March 29, 2014

Preliminary Sketch Ideas



With some of the motifs and imagery I am beginning to pick up in my research, I wanted to start sketching out ideas for the imagery I will be generating myself. At this stage I am interested in creating a series of frames with the temporal settings of before an apocalypse, during, directly afterwards and the dystopic or utopic society that rises from the ashes. I am interested in using the motifs of the goat, moth, trees, sunsets and sublime landscape for the pre-apocalyptic imagery, and the motifs of concrete, monolithic structures, barbed wire and rubble for the dystopic/utopic imagery. It will be important to consider the colour palettes of each of these works as I think the colour will greatly influence their mood and reading, so I have also created a "literal palette" for the pre-apocalyptic work which emphasises the setting of the sun and therefore metaphorically the ending of all days. I think the during and post-apocalyptic scenes will require a more monochromatic palette, therefore black and white or sepia tones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment